It is the mission of the Chess Club, an educational organization, to maintain a formal program of instruction to teach the game of chess and to promote and support its educational program through community outreach and local and national partnerships to increase the awareness of the educational value of chess.
The CCSCSL attracts top talent to the city, as it is a premier destination for both top chess players and beginners looking to learn the game’s basics. Contributing to Saint Louis’ reputation as the Chess Capital of the United States, the Chess Club hosts many prestigious tournaments and provides numerous weekly classes for its 1000+ members. With Grandmasters always on staff to teach, no one is either too advanced or beginner to learn.
How After-School Chess Programs Effect Students:
- 85% of students say they look forward to school more on days when they have Chess Club
- 94% of students report that the Chess Club has taught them that they can complete difficult tasks if they work hard
- 92% of students report that the Chess Club has made them more confident that they can learn difficult material
- 95% of students report that their experience in Chess Club makes them want to challenge themselves more in the future.
- effective, fun and engaging tool for students.
How You Can Help:
- Corporate Giving: Please join us in bringing chess into St. Louis schools! This is a movement that is on the fast track and we need corporate support to sustain this effective, fun and engaging tool for students.
- Chess instructor opportunities: Interested in teaching the game of chess in schools throughout St. Louis? Contact email@example.com.
- To make a donation, visit www.stlchesscampus.com or call (314) 795-8829.
- For more information please contact Lauren Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.