Life has changed dramatically for youth across the US, as COVID-19 impacts the activities that are available. For students in North St. Louis, our summer camp at Mathews-Dickey Boys’ and Girls’ club is the light at the end of the tunnel.
We all wish for summers filled with play, exploration, learning, and creativity for our children.
Without our summer camp, the students we serve would face many limitations this summer.
- Limited access to internet and e-learning opportunities
- Limited access to outside play due to safety concerns
- Limited access to nutrition & health due to food insecurity
Due to the economic impact of COVID-19, scholarships are needed now more than ever to ensure our students don't have to face these limitations.
Every $225 raised provides a student access to summer camp and an annual membership to Mathews-Dickey Boys' and Girls' Club.
Your donation doesn’t just help us put on our summer camp, it shows all of our campers how much their community cares for them. With just a couple clicks, you can show them you believe in their potential, and that’s an impact that lasts a lifetime.
Donations to our summer camp provide students in need with:
- Two nutritious meals per day
- In-person tutoring in math and science, ACT and job prep
- Recreation through sports and arts programs
The Mathews-Dickey Summer Camp program keeps kids safe and engaged in beneficial activities during the summer. Camp activities include sports and recreation, academic enrichment, music, performing arts, cultural-awareness, entertainment and job skills for youth throughout the St. Louis-metropolitan area.The camp provides a safe environment, led by experienced staff. Breakfast and lunch are provided daily.
Since 1960, Mathews-Dickey Boys’ & Girls’ Club has been an anchor of the community.
Boys and girls come here to develop their talents, learn respect, restraint and responsibility, and benefit from our wide range of programs and support services.
We Believe Every Young Person Has the Potential to be Great.
- We offer high quality and accessible programming based on positive youth development competencies. These programs teach important life skills: leadership, responsibility and teamwork.
- We provide experiential learning opportunities to yield high student achievement and productivity.
- We offer college, career and technical exposure as it is a must in the 21st Century.
- We connect youth with caring adult role models to provide mentorship
HOW WE DO IT
WE WORK TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS IN THREE WAYS:
1.) We offer fun and engaging activities that promote healthy lifestyles, cultivate creative expression, support academic enrichment, foster leadership skills, and prepare students for successful transitions to college and career.
2.) We connect youth to caring, adult role models who invest in their personal development and maintain high expectations for their performance in the classroom, the athletic arena and the community.
3.) We foster a strong sense of belonging to a family-like community of peers who share our values: respect, restraint and responsibility.