The Mission of the World Chess Hall of Fame is to educate visitors, fans, players, and scholars by collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting the game of chess and its continuing cultural and artistic significance.
The WCHOF houses both the U.S. and World Chess Halls of Fame, which honor the accomplishments of the game’s finest players. In addition, the organization features world class exhibitions that explore the history of the game, as well as its remarkable impact on arts and culture. The WCHOFs activities have distinguished Saint Louis as a national and international chess destination.
How We Impact the Community:
- Family Programming - Saturday programs feature a kid-friendly tour of current exhibitions and related hands-on art project or activity inspired by the objects and ideas presented in the galleries. Toddler Tuesdays is designed for parents of children 0-3 months to engage with other toddlers and enjoy stimulating activities designed to enhance gross motor skills.
- Public Programming - Explores the issues and ideas at the core of its exhibitions. These events include gallery tours, informal talks, and lectures and panel discussions presented by curators, collectors, and artists. Public Programs also make connections among chess, art, and life through fun activities such as book discussions, dance demonstration, and instruction and food tastings.
- Monthly Music Series - Held on the fourth Wednesday of each month, the Monthly Music Series celebrates the musical variety Saint Louis has to offer through intimate concerts that appeal to a broad audience.
How You Can Help:
- Become a Member: Enjoy benefits that provide context and meaning to chess, as well as the opportunity to experience innovative exhibitions by artists working in a variety of mediums.
- Individual Giving: By joining the Caiïssa Club, you are supporting the missions of both institutions to continue to show chess through the lenses of art, culture, education, history and much more.
- To make a donation, visit www.stlchesscampus.com.
- For more information please contact Lauren Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (314) 367-9243.